Lenina st., 5
The Batashev-Shepelev Manor was built in the second half of the 18th century and is in the historical center of Vyksa. Now, it is a history museum for Vyksa Steel Works.
The three-story manor house built in the Russian classical style with latticed wrought iron balconies is the center of the estate. Originally, the building was two-story, built by architect Mikhail Kiselnikov in the 1770s. The building superstructure and the outbuilding were added in early 19th century.
Over the years, the building had housed the headquarters and weapons depot of the Red Guard, the Prioksky district committee of the Russian Union of Metal Workers, a college, a youth club, a military enlistment office, a printing house, and a civic registry. During World War II, the building housed a motorcycle school. In the post-war years, there were departments of the Vyksa municipal executive committee.
— Count E. A. Salias wrote in his 1898 novel entitled “The Monomakhs of Vladimir”.